...look at what [slick] has here, or ran across. I'm not about to say that I was the one that leaked this. But the well and long awaited STREET SINGLE from Lupe, Shining Down, was leaked I guess earlier in the wee morning. It's bitter sweet, because I've been waiting for this track for close to 5 months. It's finally here, I need to give it a good ear. So far it's cool, what you need for a street single. A simple announcement that your dynasty is here and the heat is on it's way. I'm happy that it's finally on my p.c.. BUT, I heard Lupe may not have been the one that leaked it. If that's the case, I KNOW Wasalu is pissed. He's been playing with this track for a long ass time and if anyone leaked it that's a slap in his face. Can't say that I'm not happy it's here though because I am. Lu has a tendency to leave fans hanging for a LONG time. I know, keep your discretion, but his shit just turns abusive after a while. Anywho, out of respect to the greatest rapper out right now (NO ONE is touching Lupe right now, closes thing to Jay-Z than ANYONE, I'm going to just stream it rather than putting it up for download. If it actually turns up that it was Lupe, I'll put up a clicky. Until then, enjoy!
what up ya'll...Lupe here...first lemme make a few things very clear.
1. I love the fansite alot i think its dope...i feel flattered that i have so many people interested and in support of my music and the messages that i try to stand for...and not just me but for Hey Champ and the crew and damn near anybody who even resembles me...you gives give them shine and i commend you for that.
2. I DONT LEAK MY OWN RECORDS!!! I'M NOT A FAN OF LEAKING RECORDS OR OF DOWNLOADING!!! My entire first album leaked and possibly cost me from going platinum my first time out as the final estimates of how many people actually downloaded that album illegally was well over half a million. So how do u think i feel that everytime i come to this site where my "fans" are i see you putting up links to download my records???...I dont care about the other sites. I care about where my real fans are supposed to be active. If you come across it and you like it and keep it to yourself thats all cool with me but to make it where as other people are able to download it in a public forum is honestly an insult to me. Especially because of how much i love you guys. that shit is kinda like a slap in the face.
3. FAKE SHORE DRIVES "UNRELEASED" RECORDS COME FROM MY OLD PRODUCERS WHO HAVE MY OLD HARD DRIVES. I DONT AGREE WITH THAT SHIT OR CO-SIGN IT AT ALL ITS THE REASON I STOPPED DOING MIXTAPES AND I TOLD ANDREW THIS WHEN WE MET IN CHICAGO AT THE COCA-COLA TOUR SHOW AND HE THOUGHT I WAS GONNA BE ALL PISSED BUT IT WAS ALL LOVE AND I TOLD HIM I KNOW WHERE HE'S GETTING THOSE RECORDS FROM AND HE AINT GOT WORRY ABOUT ME HE GOTTA WORRY ABOUT ATLANTIC OR ARISTA OR THE PUBLISHERS OF THOSE VERY "UNCLEARED AND UNCLEARABLE" SAMPLES.
Everytime i get the urge to do something new for my fans I go online and see "new unreleased lupe" from 6 years ago and i shrug and just say fuck it. Things like that fuck up the real plans and the mood. You dont just throw out bunch of records for the sake of having a bunch of records out. I dont operate like that as an artist. Some records aren't even meant to come out.
4. When we were talking about who should have first rights to new shit when we do officially "leak" something the only two sites that came up was LupEnd Blog and Nahright. Thats big whether you know that or not. You have a direct relationship with the artist you rock with who puts your name in the hat for everything that involves him online.
5. Someone hacked my email. I was about to fire my entire staff and cut off relationships over shining down leaking last night. Bun B hit me and was like "the records dope" and i was like "what record?" nobody even has it. the only possible explanation is my email chain with the mix studio (which is air tight...the studio that is) was hacked and thats where the record came from.
Lastly, the album is fucking ridiculous. I dont like to brag or shit like that but the album is sooooo fucking crazy at this point 95% done. and its all balls to the wall fire. I have the experience and the freedom now to make what i think will be the best received album of my career.
Lupe in the club??? Blasphemy!!!!
We're Not Losers...
Good thing I played it safe and just streamed it. I knew something wasn't right. I wasn't posting that on my blog and risk myself getting in any type of trouble with my favorite and greatest rapper out. Though I did have to let him know how I felt about the "It's coming in two weeks thing" and months of false guestimated dates it's supposed to drop. If you got the leak, good for you. If not, keep it chill, listen to the stream. FNF UP!