1.8.08

Rock The Bells Tour 2008

Yes, I am about to be a week late on my recap of the tour. I am still recovering from ringing ears from those seriously loud and banging speakers. But that concert was seriously rockin'. If you are a big fan of old school and quality hip-hop, there should be no reason why you were not at that concert. Murs, Dead Prez, Immortal Technique, Wale, The Pharcyde, Ghostface and Raekwon, Redman and Method Man, Rakim, De La Soul, Nas, Mos Def, and A Tribe Called Quest?!?! get real with yourselves man. Honestly if you missed this concert you need to punish yourself. Murs helped me to realize how much 9th Wonder is one of the most consistent and prolyfic producers out in the game, NOT Kanye West. Wale showed me that he still has a long way to go. The Pharcyde rocked the damn stage but the crowd was stubborn. I myself enjoyed The Pharcyde, they're one of my favorites. De La Soul had the second best performance through out the whole concert. All three of them had fun through their performance had the crowd seriously moving. Then they teased me when Buddy (Native Tongue Remix) came on, then Q-tip came out. Man I lost a few heartbeats when I saw that. All together, I didn't know De La Soul had umph like that. I gained a new respect for them. Nas came out with a half empty bottle of Hennesey, dude was drunk and could hardly rap out One Mic. I liked his performance though, alot of lights and his chain made me go blind for a split second. His performance made me feel bad for not picking up "Untitled" which I will buy before I go back to school. A Tribe Called Quest, where to start, where to finish. Of course this was the best damn performance of the whole thing. I missed the Glow In The Dark Tour, so I used this to redeem myself. A Tribe Called Quest, if you didn't know, is my all time favorite rap group of all time. Like honestly, Q-Tip set the whole mood right along with Phife and Jarobi. It's funny how Jarobi was there but not Ali Shaheed Muhammed. They performed EVERY damn song that I vent off of: Sucka Nigga, Vivrant Thang, Excursions, Lyrics To Go, Find A Way, Award Tour, Electric Relaxation, Can I Kick It, Check The Rhyme, 1nce Again (I think), Stir It Up (Steve Biko), Scenario, Bonnita Applebaum, We've Got the Jazz, Oh My God, and Q-tip did his thing on his new track Gettin' Up which is actually a nice track. Man that peformance was powerful, like nothing mattered to me anymore. I was just happy that I was able to experience good music. The world could have ended and I wouldn't have cared because I saw A Tribe Called Quest in concert. I swear to you!, Q-tip was staring dead in my eyes as WE rapped Find A Way. I know what the hell I saw and I was not trippin', I was second row away from the stage. Either way this whole concert knocked Kanye West down a few notches, I have realized that A Tribe Called Quest will always hold the trophy!


-pic stolen from kaleb

No comments:

[ROUND]n[ROUND]